Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happiness

Horse people know that happiness is having a great ride on your horse (or even just spending some quality time doing mostly nothing). Today was one of those days. A great ride just totally boosts my mood by 1000%.

Happy because Jetta and I have been able to pick right back up in our training where we left off over three weeks ago during our little crazy break from sanity. Today and yesterday we worked on shoulder-in and leg-yeilds in the trot and walk, emphasizing the forward aspect of it and the results have been amazing. We still have a long way to go, but it feels good! Jetta gave me a great ride today, very uphill and forward (a little too forward, but at least she remained balanced throughout!).

I'm also so happy at this new barn. It isn't fancy and it does have it's downsides, but I love it. The BO sent me this picture today while I was in class and it made me smile for the next hour. I'm happy that I have such a nice BO who would take the time to do this! My pony is happy too :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good ride and Jetta looks very happy with the new barn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture! :)

    Yay for getting your pony back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good ride, rides like that make all the bad ones worth it.

    Gorgeous pic :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a BO who does that. :) Happy things are going well at new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I love the picture too, its so adorable :]

    ReplyDelete