Thursday, April 5, 2012

Magic

Well Jetta is magically sound again! After yesterday when she was so lame she barely wanted to walk, I came out to the barn expecting more of the same. After a lengthy discussion on the phone with my amazing farrier (she wouldn't be able to make it out until next week) she too thought it was an abscess so I was all prepared to treat it as such armed with my new plethora of methods to treat it.

My roommates came with me, a mini-field trip for the city kids, lol. And when I went to walk Jetta to see if she was still as lame as she was - nothing! No limp, not even at the trot. Nada. Tomorrow I guess we'll try some lunging and see how that goes. If it was an abscess, I can't find where it comes out. There's no holes anywhere, even around her heel or coronary band. So I think Jetta might stay in a few days more just in case there's a hole I can't find so it doesn't get infected in the muddy pasture (because we're talking about Jetta here. If it can, it will get infected). I don't think Jetta will mind that much though with all of the pampering going on - extra hay, tons of treats and lots of grooming time with no riding time! The other option of course that it was just a bonk to her fetlock. Anyways, we're going to take it slow but I'm relieved! No vet visit necessary.

3 comments: