Monday, May 14, 2012

Entered!

Well, let's hope that these next two shows don't end the way my last one did... aka not happening (and with no refund either!) I just entered two events - an eventing clinic and a one day horse trial.

They're both at Inavale where we'll be competing at the "real" horse trial at the end of June so I thought it would be a great chance to get Jetta a little bit used to the venue, though it will look a lot different at the horse trials! The eventing clinic is on May 26th giving us plenty of time to work on our brakes. This Saturday we may be going to school cross country which will give me a good practice run outside.

The one-day horse trial is on June 2nd and I reluctantly entered Novice. That's what I would like to do at the "real" HT but I'm still a little unsure about it. I have no doubt that Jetta will easily and willingly be able to clear the fences, but more worried about the rider part of the whole equation :) Right now we're super comfortable and doing well at 2'9" so 2'11" is pushing our comfort zone just a bit. I'm pretty sure that Inavale doesn't usually have most of their fences at max height though, especially because in Beginner Novice last year the fences felt puny and I was wishing that I had entered Novice.

So anyways, that's my news! I'm really looking forward to these shows since I haven't showed in almost nine months I think? Too long!

First time cross country last summer!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good luck! I am sure that you and Jetta are going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! can't wait to read about how it goes!

    ReplyDelete