Monday, February 6, 2012

Fun with Baby

This weekend was quite busy, partly because I thought I was working one day but found instead that I was working TWO days. Oy. But even with the craziness I was able to get some work in with Colton.

He got to wear the bridle for the first time! With our work on lowering his head, putting it on was no big deal. It was slightly amusing to see him try to spit it out (yuck, yuck, yuck! get this thingy outta my mouth!!) but he soon forgot he was even wearing it after a handful of grain and a jaunt around the pasture.

We played some in the water and worked on trotting. Grady tried helping by trotting with us, but that resulted in some galloping, snorting and bucking (Imma stallion! Looky me!) which was... fun. But he is doing a lot better leading.


I'm not so sure about this...

Am I doing it right??

He also got his toes done for the first time with me and he was very good. My amazing trimmer AC usually comes out and does them by herself. I wasn't sure how he would do, so I wanted to be there. But I didn't need to worry because he stood stock still the whole time. Not surprising because I know the guy that did his feet before he came to me and since he mainly does draft horses he's pretty stern with them because with those big guys can easily cause damage!

Anyways, I'm having fun with him :)

1 comment: