Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Slightly Off Topic and Random

First, I want to say a little something about Andrea and Gogo. Gogo is very lame right now and hasn't been getting better and I think all horse owners can understand how tough that would be! Denali's mom is getting some money together to get a gift for Andrea, just like Andrea did when Denali looked like she was going to be put down. I can't even imagine what I would do if something were to happen to one of my horses. I know I would be a mess! In fact I've had nightmares about Grady having to be put down or dying, especially while I'm away. This is one of the reasons that I love the horse community so much at times - we can band together and help eachother when it is most needed. Please send at least just a little bit of your money to through PayPal to rehabdenali@yahoo.com. While it won't make Gogo better or make the pain go away, it can at least show that others care!

In other news - my computer got a virus but is back up and running. I really don't understand people who make viruses. Seriously? Do these people realize that sometimes people rely on their computers for their jobs? That they have put a lot of money into the computer and the programs that are on it? And that they have many important things saved on their computer, things that if lost would be gone forever? Like pictures and other documents. I just don't get it! This particular virus only wanted me to buy a virus protection package and had hidden and protected itself in my computer so that I couldn't get rid of it and I couldn't open anything that could get rid of it (my own anti-virus software and the internet). Luckily the people at my school's computer were able to get rid of it after 3 hours and I didn't lose anything, but it's scary. I guess that's one very good reason to back up anything that you want to keep on your computer!

I got stung by a bee(s) twice yesterday! I was cleaning out the horse stalls and was attacked. One got my hand and the other got my calf (I was in capris and cowboy boots, lol). It sucks! This is the third time I've been stung this summer. Before that I haven't been stung in almost 11 years! Ridiculous! While I'll admit it doesn't really hurt that bad, it's a pain (in more than one way) because the part that gets stung swells and gets itchy, then sore and bruised. I had a hard time getting my gloves off after riding yesterday. This is why I'm so terrified of bees...

Jetta got the day off today after our xc schooling yesterday. It was so much fun and I now know what things we'll really have to work on. I am already planning for Inavale next year and I can't wait! I'm super sore though today so guess what that means? No stirrup work! Oh joy. But I just have to tell myself that it's good for me. Plus I'm still trying to decide about the Will Faudree clinic. It's 6 hours away (!) but I think that's the closest I'm going to find anything and it would be a really good experience. I have 7 days left to decide...

And another random note. I posted about finding some name ideas for a horse and I got one suggestion! Really guys? I need help! I need lots and lots of ideas to choose from as he needs a much better name. Go here to leave a comment with your ideas. I know people with good ideas are out there... I'm going to keep bugging you readers until I get at least five more ideas! Pretty please?

I think those are all my random thoughts for the day...

1 comment:

  1. I just added one but I also stink at names- thus all the question marks. Even my mare's name came from a commenter, Wolfie is good at names :)

    Will head over and see what I can do for Andrea, I'm pretty sad for her and Gogo, such a shame.

    ReplyDelete