Monday, August 22, 2011

Naming Contest!

Naming contest! Katy has a full brother that I am going to (eventually) get to train and resell. He's built a little different than she is and is mostly black instead of white. He has the same adorable personality though! His name is Colton. Sorry, but I don't like his name at all. It's not very cute and it doesn't fit him very well. His dam's name is Queenie and his sire's name is Taliesin. Neither of those offer any inspiration. I would like a registered/show name and from that, a barn name. I loved Katy's name that ML came up with - Hey There Delilah. So adorable! Any ideas on what to call this guy?


Any ideas are appreciated! Because seriously, I've got nothing.

6 comments:

  1. Uh...

    He's not as downhill as he looks in that second photo, right?

    Cuz that would be scary.

    Sorry, naming has never been my forte. My husband gave Izzy her show name and her previous owner gave her a registered name, which I think is stupid but I refuse to change because it's already her name in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thing to pop in my head was "Coal Train" or "Cole Train" if you wanted to call him Cole for short. He's black for coal and seems to have a big engine on him hence the train...lol! Good Luck finding a name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SprinkletBandit - haha, no. That would be scary. He has good conformation, nothing spectacular, but sound. I just could not for the life of me get a good picture of him because he was so intent on snuggling!

    Laura - Ooh, I didn't think of that! Coal is better than Colton.

    Keep the ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know... he looks like a George to me....... George Weasley? He's pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe something with Talisman? Queen's Talisman? Manny for short?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dressager - He does kinda look like a George! But my aunt and uncle are the ones giving him to me and my uncle's name is George, so that'd be a little weird...

    @smazourek - I really like that! Especially cause Manny reminds me of the mammoth on Ice Age and, well, Colton is kind of a mammoth too!

    Keep the ideas rolling!

    ReplyDelete