Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Future Event Horse

I've been hoping that Jetta will turn out to be an awesome event horse someday, so today was our first big step in that direction!

First time schooling cross country:




Scary! I don't wanna do it!



Good baby!



Whee!



Baby moment: sideways leap!



Jazz and ML. They tore up the course, of course :)


Looking very determined!


Prettiest picture

Leap!! I don't know what's with my face though, lol.
So much fun! I wish I had the time/money/motivation to trailer out there every week. Or better yet, I wish I had somewhere to contruct my own course! Jetta did super well though. We walked, then trotted once around the field. ML and I had to share a vest so she took Jazz over the baby jumps while Jetta and I trotted after and looked at all of the scary jumps. Then we switched and Jetta did so good! There was one jump that was really scary - a plain old log. I know, she wasn't scared of the roll tops, the barrels or the triple logs, just that one. Also the banks were really scary so that's something we'll have to really work on. We ended up doing all of the Beginner Novice jumps and a couple of the Novice ones. So proud!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like heaps of fun :) Jetta looks like he was enjoying it a lot.
    I wish I had access to a course like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos & Jetta looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that looks like fun, good job Jetta!

    ReplyDelete