Friday, August 26, 2011

Shhh... Fall is coming

Source
Yes, it's true, autumn is soon to be upon us. Disappointing, yes. So I thought I'd do a little post about all of the things I'm looking forward to coming with fall. Because let's face it, fall and impending doom winter brings a lot of not so good stuff too (think frozen water buckets, frozen fingers, icy ground, too much mud, thick winter coats, no trail riding, rain all the time, no sun, mud, shorter days, more mud, and, well you get the idea).



#1 - No flies! They're driving me and the horses crazy! They seem to be really bad this year...
#2 - Body clipping. I'm really looking forward to giving Jetta her first trace clip! She's going to look so cute :)
#3 - No more sweat that glues my breeches/tall socks/tall boots together. Ew.
#4 - Boarding. Since I'm heading back up to school, Jetta's coming with me and we're going back to our same boarding barn. It'll be nice to have access to a covered arena all the time and get to see all my barn buddies again!
#5 - All sorts of yummy stuff gets ripe. The apples in the pasture are soon to be ripe. The plums are close too and the raspberries are almost ready with their second crop.
#6 - Warm bran mashes. The best occasional treat to whip up for the ponies.
#7 - Snow. While I hate the non-stop rain and the mud it brings, as well as the lack of sunshine, I can handle it as long as we have at least one snowstorm. It usually brings about 2" of snow, but it stops school and everything in its tracks, giving us the perfect snow day to go play with the ponies in!

What are you looking forward to the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment