Monday, August 8, 2011

Feeling Productive

Today was a good day! I got all sorts of stuff done :)

And guess what?! The show secretary emailed me back and I'm entering the DSHB show! Yay :) She's only charging a $10 late entry fee so I faxed alllll the paperwork to her this morning. Geez it was a lot - all the required membership cards, horse ID certificates and registration papers in addition to the entry form. But it's done!

I cleaned the house, cleaned out my car, finished my animal nutrition paper, gave the dog a bath, washed saddle pads, cleaned up the barn a bit, rode all four horses and groomed Katy up all nice.

It was a beautiful day - sunny but not too hot. Perfect day for some lemonade. Basil Lemonade to be exact. Have you ever tried it? It's sooo yummy.

Here's how I make it:

A handful of fresh picked basil (about 20 leaves)
A couple tablespoons of sugar
A can of frozen lemonade

I put the basil and sugar in a bowl and crush it all up, bruising the basil. I make up the can of lemonade and put the basil in it. I leave the leaves in the lemonade for a little while, overnight makes it really flavorful. Stir it up and pour it over ice (don't get any basil leaves in your cup) and enjoy! Perfect way to relax on a warm evening after a full day with the horses :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad they are letting you enter without a ton of late fees. And that lemonade sounds pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, good luck at the show!

    ReplyDelete