Thursday, August 18, 2011

White Trash Dressage

I stumbed across a hilarious thread on the COTH forums.

White Trash DressageI think Jetta and I could really excel at this. Forget trying to improve so that we can do "real" dressage. After all, we have the drunken trot down, where we zig zag down the centerline and then the "I don't want to stop" halt, where the rider is almost pulled out of the saddle and the horse stops crookedly and on the forehand. The sideways trot (aka the trays) where the horse refuses to travel in a straight line, instead insisting on going down the side with the haunches in. The octopus canter with the legs all going in different direction and absolutely no steering. The bucking trot/canter transition and spooking at nothing or at spots of sunlight that weren't previously there. If I wear spurs I could probably achieve the spin and rear move.

I would definitely fit in by wearing my jean capris with western boots and western spurs. Oh, and I have a jumping crop that I bedazzled with pink rhinestones. If I just covered the whole shaft of it, it would be perfect! I could put on my purple polo wraps to go with my hot pink saddle pad and neon lime t-shirt. Or better yet, I could borrow my friend's wintec saddle and use a western saddle pad! Yes, I think we could fit in very well...

2 comments:

  1. Oh lord dont get me started on my white trash riding apparel, lol. I am in yoga pant capris, tank tops, flip flops, etc but I still rock my helmet so there :)
    Btw, does Jetta have the tinest clip off her ear? Love the new banner photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have my helmet too! Though I figure I can get around the "rules" by perhaps slapping some duct tape on my Tipperary helmet :)

    And no, Jetta doesn't have a piece missing from her ear, that I know of. I think the tips of her ears are kind of flat and she has cowlicks at the end so it makes her hair all funny. That photo makes me smile everytime I look at it, lol. She just looks so silly!

    ReplyDelete