Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baby's First Beach Ride

Guess whose first beach ride was today?? Jetta's! And she did surprisingly well...
 

Yes, that is us rocking the western saddle while jumping. Be jealous! Lol.





There was lots of spooking involved - at the seaweed, the shells, the different colors of sand, the water, the light, etc. but I was happy how she pushed through it and by the end she had almost stopped spooking and was going into the water by herself. I went with my instructor, JF, on her mare Lollie. Jetta was glued to Lollie the whole time "If Lollie does it, I'll do it. Otherwise, you can forget that!" seemed to be Jetta's motto. I was so proud of her cantering along the beach like a grown up! She did super well and we even went for our first gallop ever! Lollie is used to racing Jazz and I, so we were going at a nice canter and Lollie took off so I just went into two-point and let Jetta choose her pace. She extended her stride and was keeping pace with Lollie nicely - Jetta was not even close to going full speed while poor Lollie was going as fast as she could!


JF and Lollie


This mare has the prettiest trot ever and was even doing tempi changes!
Lollie's just amazing - she can piaffe too. And she's a quarter horse!


2 comments:

  1. I love that second to last shot of Jetta. She looks great. Glad she was good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are just beautiful. I also love the second-to-last shot of Jetta.

    ReplyDelete