Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shiny Pony!

Had a really good ride yesterday! After Jetta's brief adventure outside *without me* she was very well behaved. Of course the one time Jetta decides to take an unchaperoned trip outside, there was a bunch of people at the barn because the vet was out and all the horses were getting teeth and vaccinations done. Oh joy. I bet I looked wonderful trying to wrangle my mega-hyper horse and hanging on to her nose while someone asks me if I need a halter (Uh, yes??) Sigh.

She made up for it though after I lunged her naughty butt for a few minutes. She was super quiet with her head today - no bobbing - and our canter transitions were much smoother than they had been, still a little too fast, but better. Our stretchy trot is really coming along!

Jetta was less than thrilled when I rewarded her good behavior with... a bath. Yes, miss "I like to wear a coat of mud and other gross-ness at all times" got washed! I loved the comparison between washing cars and horses over at The Literary Horse. So true! Washing cars is a whole lot easier than horses, but I don't like washing my car, I'd much rather wash my horse while she tries to dance around and get tangled in the hose, shakes water all over me, steps on the hose repeatedly and refuses to move and tries to swing her butt into me so I will stop spraying her. Geez. At least after a few minutes Jetta reduced her evasions to obnoxiously bobbing her head. It is so much easier when the wash rack has cross ties!!! Finally.


2 comments: