Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lumpy Pony

Poor Jetta. I came out to the barn today to find this:




Don't know what caused it - she's had the same bedding, same hay, same grain. Didn't get turned out in the past two days, didn't get sprayed with anything. Weird. She was sooo itchy too. I ended up not riding her and just gave her a bath so hopefully she'll be a little less itchy. I hope it goes away soon! I feel so bad for her, she just looks terrible :(

In other news, Jazz got her blood pulled for her Coggins today - the Inavale show is 8 days away! Let the countdown begin :) She's going to get a bath sometime this week and another one next week so I can make sure that she looks her best. She got all of her whiskers and bridlepath trimmed up, now I need to get started on cleaning tack and getting everything together. I'm so excited!!! For that and Jetta comes home this Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. omg pooor pony!!! I hate welts! Ok, so dont know if this helps but when they welt like that, it means (or so my vet told me so take w/ grain of salt) its an allergic reaction to something they've already been exposed to, not something new. So for example, Laz broke out like that in welts when i put him on a supp that had some ingredient in it that he had a previous reaction to.
    I hope it goes away soon! Witch hazel mixed w/ water will help ease the itch and swelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG poor girl :( Hives are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hives.... yucky!
    It's so sad to see them like that. I had a horse who broke out in hives every spring... never figured out the cause. Usually it's an allergic reaction to something.... sometimes a reaction to a type of biting fly. If she got bitten by some that recently hatched, she could be having an allergic reaction to the fly saliva. Sounds weird... but it's what I've heard. But they should be all gone in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing, I was thinking along the sames line as Jenny, that she might have been bitten by something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! The banner looks great! Hope you like it!(Since you made it and all!)

    ReplyDelete