Thursday, June 2, 2011

June Goals

I can't believe it's summer already! It certainly does not feel like it with this rainy, cool weather we've been having. I have a lot of plans for this summer so let's hope I achieve everything that I want to get done!

Here are our old goals:

1) Go to a show!

Didn't happen :( I was too stressed helping with the Dressage Team show to both help and ride, so I chose not to ride. The TEA show I didn't go to because it was at the start of the EHV outbreak and our barn was still closed when the MYM foxhunt came around so I didn't get to take Jetta. Pretty disappointing but I have a bunch of shows lined up for summer, so let's hope I make it to them!

2) Continue to refine the trot-canter transition, and for that matter, all my transitions need work.


Transition work is improving, slowly but steadily. Jetta is still a little too enthusiastic about the trot-canter transition, but we're getting there. She's been pretty bracey lately so we've been working through that with a lot of bending exercises and jaw flexions.

3) Work on the stretchy trot. Definitely a weak spot in our dressage.
Improving. She loves to stretch at the trot but it takes her half the circle to stretch and not rush. Almost there!

4) Jumping - get some real solid work done. Don't just do, but make progress.

Yes, this is one that I can confidently say that we've accomplished. We've still got miles and miles to go, but the last two jump schooling sessions we had were amazing. No rushing and get this - we cantered the jumps! So proud :)

5) Touch up on our ground work and manners on the ground.


Yep, did some of this. She's finally lunging in a halter without hauling me off my feet and is doing some good disengaging of the hind quarters when I ask and she'll trot and halt obediently when I lead her.

June goals - I think I'll make these new goals for the whole summer - my summer plans :)

We're going to be doing some of this.
Yay bendy lines!
1) Start schooling first level dressage movements (lengthenings, 15m circles and half circles)

2) Showing!!! Go to Dressage at Devonwood and/or the ODS Breeder's Classic and some local shows.

3) Go trail riding, possible a beach ride may be in our future?

4) Take some lessons in dressage and jumping

5) School on a cross country course



Don't forget to enter the contest if you haven't already! One day left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment