Sunday, June 5, 2011

I. Hate. Weather.

Ok, well maybe I don't really hate the weather (how is it really possible?) but seriously. This whole week the weather has been rather crazy - it's June! It should be sunny and warmer than 70 degrees at all times! Instead it's been pouring down rain. It was like a monsoon. I left my dorm and started to walk to class, with my raincoat on and an umbrella in hand, just in case it started to rain. And it didn't just rain, it poured. Even with my raincoat and umbrella, my lower half got drenched - I looked like I had decided to wade through a knee-high puddle and then I had to squish my way to class and sit in my wet clothes for an hour. Not a happy camper!

Then, this weekend, the weekend before finals, it's absolutely gorgeous out and I have to study?! There's all sorts of outdoor events going on and it's 80 degrees out and I have to write notes for chemistry and statistics? Ew. I did end up going to a concert last night that was happening in the quad - I hadn't really heard of the band but they were supposed to be good - I don't really pay attention to what's popular and what bands or singers there are. It was free and there were so many people! There's a battle of the bands going on but the crowds during the day were pretty sparse, but everyone turned out to hear this band.

And I realized I recognized this band (shocker for me)! They're called Ok Go. The reason I know them is because of this music video:



I figured I would share it because it's very entertaining. A long while ago I saw this van and it had a sign on the side that said Talented Animals. I'm not going to lie, that van was pretty shady looking with a very old little horse trailer attached to the back. But I was curious, after all, how good a trainer could these people be if that's what their transportation looked like? But I was surprised - this video is pretty awesome! Just goes to show that you can't judge a book by it's cover! I even got to meet some of the dogs that were in the video last night :) Super fun!

Now back to studying... If you don't hear from me by Wednesday, I probably am still sleeping off all my finals. Can't wait to be done! I'm sure poor Jetta is feeling neglected :(

No comments:

Post a Comment