Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 24

Your best riding buddy.

Really, my best riding buddy is any horsey-person! I don't really care who it is, but with every person that I ride with I always have fun. I love going on trail rides or beach rides with friends. Now that I'm boarding at a barn with friends, it is just so awesome to all carpool out there and we all chat while we tack up and set the jumps up together. We ride in the arena then go on the trails together. We always have so much fun. But really, any horse person is fun to go on a trail ride with.

Sometimes I like one friend because they like to gallop on the trails or beach, while other friends are more sedate and like to just walk leisurely while we talk. Some like to jump every obstacle possible on the trails while others don't. It's nice to know so many people that I can ride with and am always happy to meet more people to ride with. While riding can largely be an individual thing, friends can make it so much more and being social and meeting new horse friends is one of the best things about having horses!

1 comment:

  1. I wish that I had someone to ride with - my mum and boyfriend are the only ones that will ride with me because none of my friends are really "horsey". One of my cousins is, but she lives in another state atm, so I would be happy with just about anyone to ride with!

    Good post =)

    ReplyDelete