Friday, April 29, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 29

Favorite brands... boots, breeches, tops, helmets, etc.

Hmm, what brands do I like? Well Ariat is definitely a big one. I have paddock boots and tall boots from them and love them. While they may be pretty inexpensive compared to some brands, they sure hold up well! I've had my tall boots for maybe four or five years? They still look pretty much new and they're so comfortable.
I love Kerrits and Irideon breeches. So nice! I have the winter Irideon breeches which are nice and toasty and then the Kerrits tights which are super stretchy and thin, so they're perfect for schooling in hot weather.

I don't have any favorite schooling shirts per say, but I do like my Essex show shirt. It's fitted and soft. I have my eye on their wrap collar shirts cause I've lost all my chokers, but I'm going to try an RHC wrap collar shirt because they are so much more reasonably priced. So we shall see how that compares...

Helmets, I obviously like my Tipperary helmet, though I would like to have an IRH Extreme for showing dressage.

Tack wise, I am enamored with Edgewood and Antares products, but alas, they are way, way out of my reach. Perhaps I'll get an Antares breastplate for Christmas :)

My favorite rope halters are from Double Diamond, I also bought one from Craig Cameron that I love, and the Parelli ones are nice too, although slightly more spendy.

From there on, I just like anything that's functional! Do you have any favorites?

2 comments:

  1. To name just a few.... Irideon, Kerrits, Ariat, Fitts, Tipperary, Mountain Horse, Devoucoux, Prestige, Vespucci, Bovvy's.... I could go on and on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ariat boots.

    I think my favourite type of tack would be kincade (sp?), but I love just about any kind of Australian Stock Saddle that will hold up.

    I don't really have a favourite kind of breeches or shirts, I have a pair of Dublin breeches that I like, but I haven't really tried any other brands. .

    ReplyDelete