Wednesday, April 13, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 13



A picture of your worst riding. Uh-oh. Well (luckily) I don't have that many, but here's one that just makes me cringe every time I see it.

I could make a very, very long list with everything that's wrong in this picture.

Seriously, I think the photos from this show are the only bad, bad riding pictures I have. Sure, there are some where my equitation just isn't all there, but these are truly dreadful. That was just an awful show. This was at 4-H and these fences are just so tiny, yet we couldn't keep it together. Jazz was rushy and either taking off too soon or chipping in. I had absolutely no release that day and I couldn't get my act together either. Terrible. I don't even want to look this for very long... I promise I don't ride like that all the time, really! Now I need to dig up some good pictures to convince you that I am in fact, not a terrible rider...





See, I can still ride :)

3 comments:

  1. Oy, that was the other bad bit from my lesson on Monday- I forgot to count strides and got left behind big time twice! Fortunately no one was taking pictures while I did it. I would be too ashamed to post them. You are brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what it would look like if I tried to jump.

    I did actually have a horse take off on me once and jump a small ditch before I could pull her up - I could feel myself in the wrong position and I was just thinking "HOW do people that jump DO this?!"

    I managed to stay on though, but WOW, if I had a picture of how bad I'm sure I looked it would have topped yours =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, these are super embarrassing. But I figure the challenge is to post your worst, so... But hey, it could have been worse. I could have fallen off or crashed into the jump!

    ReplyDelete