Thursday, March 15, 2012

Snuggle Time

I finally got out to the barn today! I am really glad I did too, it was just what I needed today because I've been so stressed about my finals that are next week.

Jetta was in her stall when I got to the barn. It's been raining so much it's almost like the flood-apocalypse we had a month or two ago. Uh oh. I hope it doesn't get as bad as last time! Ridiculous. Anyways, I was happy she was in her stall because then I could snuggle with my dry and non-muddy pony. She was super affectionate today which was nice, because all I wanted to do was snuggle :)

I ended up just lunging in side reins today since I'm still sick and I didn't want to overdo it. Jetta was great. After an initial warm-up and then I put her side reins on she was not moving into the contact. But by then end she was super loose and had a fantastic trot, stretching down into the reins. Great sight to see :) I was glad I had decided to just lunge too because after being in a stall and not being ridden in four days we had a "holy cow" moment where she kicked up some dirt that hit the arena wall, causing her to buck and leap and toss her head for the next two minutes. Glad we got that out of the way! Then we got to work on canter transitions over and over again until by the end they were b-e-a-utiful. No charging into it, no popping her head up, they were very nice.

Happy pony with some nice foam goin' on.

Cuteness.

Jetta ended up with a light sweat so I think it was a good workout for today and hopefully it will translate into a nice ride tomorrow. After I took all her tack off she found a good place to roll then leaped up and raced around a bit more, lol. Then she came back over to me for some more scritches and we called it a day.

Finding the perfect spot...

No comments:

Post a Comment