Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Whatever

Today was not the best day, just felt a little down in the dumps. Just kind of one of those "whatever" days.

I had a bio midterm last night and I don't feel so hot about it. I then got six hours of sleep last night (I'm the kind that need 10 hours min). My phone decided to update itself and now I can't find the alarm app so I spent every hour waking up and checking the time because I was worried my watch alarm wouldn't go off. Spent the day absolutely exhausted.

The zipper on my tall boots broke :( Luckily I had my paddock boots and half chaps in my car so I was able to ride. I personally think it's time to get a new pair of boots, even though I love these old ones to death. But five years is a long life for a pair of boots and the inside of the boots are getting worn through plus the broken zipper. Unfortunately I don't think new boots are in the cards so they'll have to be patched up this weekend.

Kind of funny story. I absolutely adore the boots that Voltaire Design makes and I promised myself that someday, someday (when I win the lottery) I'd get a pair. I was curious as to how much they cost so I can start saving (lol) and so I emailed them. I got a reply that they average about $1500 depending on which custom options you get. Ouch! But they are the most beautiful things I've ever seen. So a couple days ago, I get an email that they are coming to my area to do boot fittings for customers and would I like to schedule a time? I burst out laughing. I would love to! But unfortunately it will not be in the near future, if ever.

Jetta was still swollen, particularly on that right hind foot. I tacked her up though and did a short ride. She was pretty good, didn't feel off in the least. I had trouble fastening her dressage boots on though!

Almost died in the arena several times as another horse being lunged got loose and took off straight towards Jetta, lunge line flapping in the breeze, inducing a bucking/bolting episode. And then once that horse was back on the circle she took off bucking and farting so Jetta decided that she must copy. I think I now have whiplash.

Went for a trail ride. Afterwards almost all the fill from her legs was gone except for a puffy patch on the back of her right hind above the fetlock. Hmmm.... I wrapped her again tonight. We'll have to see how it goes. I'm still not completely convinced it's nothing, but then again I have no clue. Whatever.

It's supposed to be 24 degrees tonight so I bundled Jetta up in her two blankies. I definitely am not looking forward to walking to class in the early morning. Brr.

This weekend is the Steffan Peters clinic, which I had almost forgotten about. I'm looking forward to it, but just hoping I can make it through this week!

'Night.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your blah day :(
    I also need about 10 hours of sleep to function! Glad to know I am not the only one!

    I hope Jetta's leg swelling continues to go down, too.

    Have fun at the Steffan Peters clinic! He is my vet's son-in-law! But I have never met him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate bad days that just seem to get worse. The good thing is that every new day starts with the possibility to be a good one. I hope today is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad days SUCK. I hope Jetta's leg swelling goes A-WAY! I do think moving, moving, even at walk does help so much so I was happy that after your trail, it seemed better. I was SO worried after our 4.5 hr trail ride that Laz would be dead lame and he moved better than normal the days after! :) I hope keeping her moving helps big time-and u riding will help any bad day get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comments :) Makes me feel better already!

    Allison - very interesting! Funny what a small world it is...

    ReplyDelete