Thursday, November 10, 2011

Good & Bad

The Good:

Had an awesome ride on Jetta today. I don't know where my horse went, but this new horse is great! We finally put in a ride in dressage tack and she was very balanced, leg yeilded perfectly off my inside leg, quiet trot canter transitions. We worked more on lengthenings and she really sat more on her haunches and didn't so much as speed up as lengthen her stride. I love it! Her lengthenings are so much fun, they feel wonderful. And the best part was how quickly and quietly she transitioned to a slower pace when I asked.

The Bad:

I feel super sick :( I was cooling Jetta out and gradually felt worse and worse. At first it was kind of the empty feeling at the pit of my stomach. Hm, I had just finished my dinner a little while ago, I shouldn't be hungry. Then I started to get nauseous. Weird. I felt like I usually do just after I've completed a jumping class in the early morning when I'm super nervous and forget to breathe. And then came that familiar oh-no-I'm-going-to-puke feeling. I leapt ungracefully off Jetta and threw up in the corner of the arena. Lovely. Probably TMI, but it was weird because I didn't throw up my whole stomach contents, just a tiny bit. I felt immediately a little better, but ultimately still crummy. So I'm really hoping that it was just something random and I haven't gotten food poisoning (from my own cooking... I swear I'm not that bad of a cook) or some form of 24 hour flu.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great ride on Jetta. She sounds like she coming along really nicely :)
    I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to laugh at your pain, but I did get a chuckle thinking about someone getting food poisoning from their own cooking.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Smazourek, the humor was not lost on me... Though I'm pretty sure it wasn't the food, though I did throw the leftovers out. Better safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete