Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting Better

Today was just an overall better day, sorry about my little pity party yesterday! It helps when I actually get enough sleep :) I felt like a total dork because I finally figured out where my phone "hid" my alarm clock from me. Gotta love technology right?

I had a lot of fun helping out at the Vet Hospital today - I got to see them collect semen from a stallion, inject a 27 year old horse's hocks and helped with a couple dentals. All interesting. I'm glad I was there when something finally happened! Always seems like I get there when absolutely nothing's happening.

Jetta is better. The swelling's gone down. Still a little bit of fill and the back of the RH above the fetlock still puffy, but she's sound. I had the fastest ride ever on her today as I just wanted to get her moving around, she was good, I had one of the best canters we've had in weeks. She was a little bit scatter-brained because I broke one of her cardinal rules and rode her when it was feeding time. Shame on me ;) She's obviously starving, can't you tell?


I iz soo hungry. My owner never feeds me...
I'm actually super happy with this photo - look, no ribs!
 Then I headed home to see my family and have dinner with them. They've been gone for 10 days in Texas for my brother who was shooting at Nationals. I felt like I hadn't seen them in forever so it was nice to catch up.

So overall a good day. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear she is getting better... we have a horse who is on pasture 24-7 and never used to stock up, even at shows when he had to be in a stall. Then one day... he started stocking up. For no apparent reason. Now he always stocks up if he stands still for any period of time, including in the trailer. Movement is the key to preventing it. Sometimes the use of standing wraps creates a problem in itself... once you start, sometimes you can't stop.

    ReplyDelete