Friday, November 4, 2011

One Year Anniversary


Wow, I've already had this blog for almost a whole year! That just seems so weird. I'm kind of amazed that I've stuck with it for this long :) It really helps though when I see that I have readers (I never thought I'd actually get any, much less 36 of you!!) and that people comment on what I write. That people actually read what I write, especially since I'm not much of a writer. Now of course that I've gotten a taste of people reading my blog, my goal is someday to reach 100 followers. (Hint, hint. Invite your friends!!)


It's been an interesting past year. I started college with Jetta in tow. She was started undersaddle for reals as I recovered from an injury.



It was hard leaving my support network at home where people had watched me grow up riding and acknowledged my skills and ability around horses to somewhere where people obviously didn't think I was up to training a TB.

But we made it. We've got steering down and can go in a semi-straight line. I remember when I started her we couldn't even stay on the wall, but through the use of a lot of outside rein, Jetta finally got it. We took some clinics with trainers through the school's dressage team, but I didn't find any local trainers that I liked enough to take regular lessons with (I still haven't), but we've slowly and surely progressed.




Our first bareback ride was in the snow last year. We jumped our first jumps together. We went to several dressage and jumping schooling shows and not so bad for such a green-bean horse and unprofessional rider. We got our first blue ribbon and several more followed.


We had some scares, from Jetta drooling a puddle's worth making me think she was choking! To minor colics to crazy hives to the latest mysterious swelling.




I competed in my first recognized horse trials at Inavale, though not on Jetta. I've already started planning Jetta's first recognized event though!


I got some new saddles which has benefitted both Jetta and myself. Jetta's feet have improved a ton and become the rock-crunchers I knew they could become


Jetta gained and lost weight, though I think we've figured out the perfect balance of nutrition!


We progressed a lot, then went backwards, forwards again and back yet again. Currently we're on the forwards part, but who knows what will happen?

Jetta

Thank you for following along! Here's to plenty more years of blogging and detailing our journey together :)

2 comments:

  1. You and Jetta have had some really cool times together. You make a great pair.
    Your blog is defienitely on my list of favourites I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the blog birthday! Here's to another great year!!

    ReplyDelete