Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jumping Star

Jetta was so good yesterday! I decided to jump and she just did so well. I started her with bounces when first jumping, but I really think that they made her nervous so with just one single jump she just does so much better. I'm hoping that we can put together a course well enough by spring that we can enter some shows and do well. The next step is to add some two or three stride combinations because right now our single fences are doing well!

Jetta didn't do as well warming up as our last awesome ride when she felt amazing, but still not bad. I warmed her up over a crossrail and then adjusted it to a vertical that was roughly 2'3" or 2'6", though probably closer to 2'3". She trotted over it very well, though the first time she jumped it after I raised it she got in too deep and had to mega-leap it to clear it and since she jumps so round I had to really throw the reins forward so I wouldn't hit her in the mouth, resulting in me literally throwing one of my reins at her lol! But it was all good, we can still circle with one rein :)

After trotting over quite a bit I decided to canter and it was great! She did get a little too fast at first, though really not bad and after a few times over it she was cantering it perfectly. Yes! Though I must admit we were only jumping in one direction - her "good" direction toward the back of the barn. I don't know what it is about jumping in the other direction, but she gets a lot more rush-y so that'll be something we definitely need to work more on.

Here's her sporting the new splint boots. I saw some on ebay for $95 new! Wow, I think I got a good deal on them for $8.



We went for a trail ride after as a reward. The weather's been super nice lately which is unusual for this time of the year so I'm trying to soak it up while it lasts!

Here's some pictures from our ride.

They're cutting some of the trees out of the forest
at the back half of the property. First thought when I
saw these? Cross country jumps!


2 comments:

  1. sweet! ALWAYS when I'm riding on trails or road riding, I look at people's bushes, or things that 'could' be an xc jump lol! It's fun to dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things seem to be going well. Scarface and I have been working on jumping a bit. His biggest problem is that he's a giant chicken!

    ReplyDelete