Monday, October 10, 2011

An Award

This makes me ridiculously happy. I haven't gotten a blogger award before! So thank you Megan, for my very first award :)



The conditions for this award are to list 15 blogs that you read (yikes! That's almost more than the ones I read, lol. How about just 10?) and I have to list 7 things about me. Well, here goes:

From Race Horse to Show Horse


The Adventures of Lucy

Tekes Tally-Ho

It's Quarters for Me

Eventing A Gogo

Fresh Perspective

Contact

G is for Greta

Sweet Horse's Breath

Whew, that was a lot! Ok, now how about 7 things about me. Hmmm

  1. I like tack. A lot. But you probably already know that. I think that if I didn't want to become a vet, I'd love to work for SmartPak. Not only do I love their products, but also their marketing and promotions, customer service, etc. But hey, I could still work for them as a vet, they have a staff veterinarian!
  2. Not a morning person. At all. I like sleep, no actually I love sleep. The only thing that can get me out of bed at the crack of dawn is a horse show :) 
  3. Another career I thought about was photography. I love doing it, but it just doesn't seem condusive to a well-paying job to support my ponies so I will continue to do it in my spare time. I love landscape and animal photography and often am the photographer at horse shows.
  4. Favorite subject in school - biology. Definitely.
  5. I'll admit it, I drink energy drinks. The only one I like is RedBull, the other ones tend to taste nasty IMO. Coffee doesn't like me very much so at the end of a long week when I have to wake up for an 8am class, instead of grabbing coffee, I go for an energy drink. Unhealthy? Yes, most probably. Necessary? Uhuh.
  6. The other thing that I do a lot of besides horses is reading. I read pretty much anything though Fantasy (stuff along the lines of Harry Potter, for example) is my favorite. Favorite mythical creature? Toss up between a dragon (the nice intelligent kind) or Pegasus. My horse + wings = incredibly awesome. But I also like mystery, action, historical fiction, humor, whatever. Not to mention horse magazines and educational (training, theory, conformation, nutrition, etc) books.
  7. Favorite colors - bright sky blue/turqoise/aqua/whatever you want to call it and hot pink. Probably not a good combination, but individually I must say that they look quite awesome on my horses as saddle pads and boots.
Thank you again to Megan for my first award!

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found your blog. And you are right about having a horse being an adventure! I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I am soooo with you on numbers 1 & 2.. ha ha LOVE tack... and definitely not a morning person (until I go to a show!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and thanks for the shout-out. I'm not a morning person either, I drag myself out of bed most days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome =)

    You deserve it, your blog is awesome. I'm not a morning person either - I'm half nocturnal lol.

    ReplyDelete