Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Guess what I got??

A breastplate! Finally... I've been agonizing over which one to get forever. I'm sure if you've been reading for a while you're probably thinking "Finally! She will stop hemming and hawing over breastplates for several posts!"

After I sold Katy I had planned on buying the Voltaire breastplate, but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a breastplate. Think of what else I could save the money for! So, I decided on an Antares breastplate. LOVE SO MUCH! It is awesome. It is obviously made of quality leather and the padding is oh-so-soft. Gorgeous. My "horse colors" are usually some shade of blue (either aqua or navy blue) so it looks perfect. Now I'm drooling over the matching Antares boots with the blue elastic... must. not. buy!


Can't wait to oil it a couple times so that it will darken and match my bridle. But even as it is right now, it's still stunning. Definitely a good buy in my book :) If you are admiring my pretty new breastplate and would like one for yourself, I would recommend you talk to the people at Le Cheval's Equestrian Equipment. Either keep an eye on the ebay auctions or send them a message to see when they'll get their next Antares shipment.  I do have their store email, but of course can't locate it right now. They buy all sorts of Antares tack and sell it for very reasonable prices. Tomorrow I'll post some pics of miss mare modeling it. Love!

Speaking of love, I know most people who have a blog and follow Andrea & Gogo over at Eventing A Gogo, have already posted a tribute. I know I can't say it better than any one else who has already done so, but I just wanted to add a little note that said they were in my thoughts today. Today was Gogo's last day. It's hard to believe that it's true. I've been reading Gogo's blog for several years, it was one of the blogs that made me decide that I should start one too. Gogo is obviously such a special mare. She has the most adorable personality and a heart of gold. It seemed like Andrea and Gogo were definitely a one of a kind team.
That mare sure knew how to strike a pose!

One of the most adorable horses ever!
She had so many funny expressions.
You'll be missed Gogo!


1 comment:

  1. be sure to put a nameplate on that beautiful breastplate! (they sure have a way of walking off, especially at horse-shows!)

    and thanks for sharing the photos of Gogo, it is heartwarming to see the blog community rally around at this difficult time.

    Corinna

    ReplyDelete