Monday, September 12, 2011

Not much happenin

Not too much to update. I've been rather bad at updating because it's hard when I'm around my family, especially because my dad hates how much time I spend on the computer and the internet here is super slow and I don't really like doing posts without pictures!

I'm still super bummed about the clinic. I was so looking forward to that and now I have nothing else to do that weekend so my parents are going to go to my brother's shooting competition, while I just hang out I guess. Jetta hasn't been ridden all that much, which I feel bad about, but I'm wrapping up my last week at work, though I'll continue to work weekends, and I am almost, almost done with my self-study French class. I'm actually kind of looking forward to going back to school.

Jetta moves into the barn at school on the 19th. It'll be nice to have an arena to ride in once again and I know I'll be better about riding her every day. Unfortunately the turnout is STILL not done. Sigh. I hope the BO kicks it up a gear and fences it off soon... Jetta is looking fantastic right now, though she does have a slight hay belly, lol. But she's shiny and sleek and filled out nicely.


Noms

I rode Grady the other day, in our usual style of course, bareback and with a rope halter. He felt so good! He has some arthritis, so usually he snap-crackle-pops when he moves, but not when I rode him! We went in search of a missing fly mask hidden somewhere in the pasture. When I hopped off to get the mask I asked him to stand still. He did for a second, then started to follow me. I "tch'ed" at him to get him to stop, forgetting that's my usual signal to send him away and he galloped off. I just laughed. It was nice to see him moving like that. Even if the other horses take off cantering, he doesn't usually participate, instead just walks after them. I retrieved him and got back on. After that display, I decided a little canter wouldn't hurt and asked him to go. He still likes to buck, albeit not very hard, lol. I love my old man ♥


Handsome man.


No comments:

Post a Comment