Saturday, February 12, 2011

We're off to a show!

I am so glad it's the weekend! Too much work this week :) I'm currently taking 18 credits, which to me isn't a lot, but on Friday I had several projects/papers all due at the same time, so it was a little crazy.

Jetta was great on Thursday for the canter poles. Except for when I positioned them too close, she did it like a pro, no rushing. I'm thinking I like her reaction to the new bit, but one of the dressage ladies at the barn said she thought it was too small for even Jetta's narrow mouth, so now I'm on the look-out for a 5" french link loose ring that's on the fatter side. My Mylers are 5 and 1/4" and are slightly too big, and this current bit is 4 and 3/4" so it is slightly too small. Kinda like the Goldilocks story, we need to find a bit that fits and works "just right". I would love to get a Herm Sprenger bit, but those are way, way out of my price range. I am hoping for around a $10 or less bit!

Yesterday we just hopped over a little cavalietti jump and then I washed out Jetta's tail and her one sock. This is when I'm really glad that I have a horse with a skimpy tail. It's getting better, but I don't want a tail as big as Katy's! That's way too big... Here's my pony from yesterday. Doesn't she look like a cute jumper?


Katy got a bit of a bath too and today after they were all groomed they got to have their Sleazy's on. I think they look adorable, you can tell we're bad horse fashion parents: Katy has blue polka dots with a green blankie and a rainbow tail bag, then Jetta has pink flowers with green plaid. Really, it's bad. But at least they'll still be squeaky clean tomorrow. Here are the girls all wrapped up:

No comments:

Post a Comment