Sunday, February 27, 2011

Conditioning


I received my conditioning book and I have to say that I really enjoy it! My one complaint (and it's barely a complaint) is that I wish it was a little more specific/technical on why exercises work and what they are doing exactly to the horse's body. But really, this book is easy to read, complete, full of information and has great exercises.

It has great illustrations and the feature with the removeable cards in the back with exercises is really smart. There are also lists of recommended exercises to do together, or you can mix and match to your liking.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone. It is very informative and will help at any level of training, whether it's for dressage, jumping or eventing and more. There are stretches on the ground, in-hand exercises, exercises to do outside and on the trail, arena flat work, and gymnastic work. This book was very well thought out and I am glad I bought it!

I've already started integrating a lot of the exercises into my training, many of them are things that I commonly used, so it's great to see that they have a use not just in training the horse's mind and improving performance, but also works well on their muscles and helps get them truly fit. Two hooves up!

No comments:

Post a Comment