Thursday, February 3, 2011

February Goals


I can't believe it's already February! Halfway through my second term already, yay!

Anways, let's talk about goals. My one goal for January was cantering, cantering, and more cantering. I feel like I can say that we achieved this goal. Jetta has been much better about quiety transitioning to a canter without taking off at a gallop or trying to haul me up out of the saddle. There is still a lot of room for improvement, but we're on our way. Which leads me to February goals...

There are still so many things that I want to work with Jetta on! Where do I even begin? I feel like I should only pick a couple goals, for fear of overloading her with a bajillion different things. Hmm...

1) Well first, I would like to take one or two jumping lessons. I neeed jumping lessons! And Jetta does too :)

2) More cantering! Let's make even better transitions from trot to canter and let's work on walk to canter transitions. Also, work for better, more prompt canter to trot transitions.

3) Continue work with shoulder-in and leg-yeild especially in the trot.

4) Halting square (no more spraddle-legged halts!)

Ok, I think I'm going to stop there. That's way more than enough for the month of February, I think that we shall be very busy...

I had a lovely photo of Jetta cantering, but I realized I don't have a USB cord to upload it, so you'll all have to wait till this weeked to see it. It's sooo much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment