Sunday, May 1, 2011

Panicking

I'm done with the 30 Day Challenge! I can talk about what's actually happening! There's been a ton of stuff happening, but we'll just start with the most important.

Today the university dressage team is running a show! So nerve-racking! Add that plus the fact that there's two of us basically coordinating everything and only a handful of club members actually participating to run the show and it's going to be a little bit crazy. Oh and the fact that we've got some major drama queen action going on. Oh how I hate drama. I try to avoid it at all costs.

I was going to ride Jetta, but since we have so few club members and so many riders, I just can't. It's nerve racking enough riding a horse, but add managing the show to that and you've got an almost full-blown panic session going on. Luckily after deciding not to ride and getting everything set up last night, I feel a lot better.


Oh and can I mention how ridiculously hard it is to set up a dressage arena? Especially
when the actual arena is a tad bit smaller than it's supposed to be in order to fit the ring.
And it's crooked.

We have 110 tests being ridden with 50 riders, some even coming from Washington! I'm excited, but I just hope everything runs smoothly and drama doesn't get in the way. Wish us luck!

1 comment: