Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Loves

Sometimes I forget how much I love Grady & Jazz. It's not that I stop loving them, I just forget how awesome they are. I worked with them over the weekend as it's my goal to eventually get them back in shape for riding over summer. I ended up riding Jazz bareback while ponying Grady and they were just so good! There's no other horses that I trust enough to do that with. We went on the logging trails behind my house. They each go the right speed, one not lagging behind and having to be drug along, but not racing ahead and getting in the way. There were no pinned ears, biting or kicking at each other. We walked, trotted and cantered. They walked over fallen trees on the trail fearlessly. It was just so nice to ride a finished horse! I love Jetta, but sometimes it's a little tiring having to work so hard while riding her!



2 comments:

  1. Blaze faces, love it!

    Jetta will get there. In the meantime, maybe she'd like to get ponied along with one of these two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I think I have a thing for blazes, all of my horses have one! :) I hope Jetta will evetually mature to be as dependable as these two guys. I've ponied her around on Jazz a bit and she does great, but I don't quite trust her as much. Yet :)

    ReplyDelete