Friday, May 13, 2011

More Photographic Fun

Yesterday I had a boring day of working with Jetta planned out, but instead ML offered to take pictures of me and Jetta if I would go out to the barn later than planned. Heck yes! I love pictures :)

It was quite an adventure. I didn't ride Jetta the day before, but I did lunge her and do lots of ground work so she theoretically shouldn't have been hyper, but she was. I think it was the weather. It was sunny! I think it only got up to about 68 degrees, but at least it was t-shirt weather!

CL also rode and got some cute pictures taken and then ML hopped on Katy bareback and all three of us went for a trail ride and to take pictures outside. I brought my camera and attempted to take pictures while riding Jetta. Ha! That was ridiculously hard. Jetta was not having any of it. I had one hand on the reins and one on the camera and Jetta was zig-zagging back and forth while walking, then while standing she kept trying to follow the other horses or graze. Geez. But that wasn't the most exciting part. I'll get to that soon.

ML and I switched so she could take pictures cause Katy is supposedly the "good one". She decided she was not going to miss out on the fun and decided to jump across the creek to join CL and I which set off Tanq who started bucking and Jetta who just ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. We had a good laugh about that because first of all, Katy was the one who started it and second, Tanq almost never misbehaves like that. We decided to move on and eventually came to the pasture that sometimes houses the ponies. And guess who was there?! The ponies were :) One little black and white one trotted up to see us, so cute!!! It's little black puffball of a forelock was bobbing around. I wish I had gotten a picture. I did in fact attempt to take a picture, which was what cause a major spooking fit.

Here's what happened. All three of us were standing close together oohing and ahhing over the ponies. I decided to take a picture so I took one hand off the reins, raised my camera and click! I didn't realize the flash was on and the horses went ballistic. All three of them scattered and started running and bucking. Poor ML was bareback, but luckily she stayed on. Once we got the horses stopped (CL had to use an x-mas tree to stop Tanq) we were all fine, but boy did that get my adrenaline pumping! Note to self: never use flash while on horseback. We had used the flash while taking pictures inside but I think ponies + terrifying flash of white light coming from who knows where = complete mental breakdown.

So it was a very interesting ride to say the least. Here's a few photos that got taken on my camera, only half of them were taken by me, the other half are from ML. I can't wait until ML sends me the ones she took on her camera inside. You get to see us jumping! I'll post them when they arrive :)


Favorite! Of course this was a split second before Tanq
decided to bite Jetta, but it was cute while it lasted.







No comments:

Post a Comment