Friday, January 31, 2014

Pony Time is the Best Time

While this week hasn't been super great in horse-y terms, it's still been nice to have the horses close so I can see them on a daily basis.

I've been so bad at blogging lately, so sparks-note style of this week:

Monday - Rode Misty, lunged Jetta. Jetta is looking much better on the lunge line and I was planning on riding her on Tuesday. She can maintain a nice speed and self carriage and has mostly stopped spooking at the non-existent scary stuff in the arena. I also really appreciated our cuddle time as my week got off to a rocky start and has steadily declined ever since...

What I walked into on Monday

Jetta was not amused that I was interrupting her nap


Tuesday - Crunch time for midterms so I decided not to ride. Just turned the horses out in the sunshine while I cleaned stalls. Jetta loves getting turned out now, which I think is really amusing because they're little dry-lot paddocks maybe twice the size of the stalls+paddocks. Nothing to eat, the horses are by themselves. But at least it's a change of scenery and Jetta really seems to appreciate that!

Wednesday - Midterms plus work all day so I didn't go to the barn at all. I didn't even get to clean stalls unfortunately. The only thing I don't like about the barn is the barn hours. With class starting at 9am and the midterm ending at 8:30pm and the barn hours being 9am to 9pm... Yeah, doesn't quite work with my schedule sometimes.

Thursday - Since Jetta got two days off, I lunged her first to try and decide if I should ride her or not... Nope! She was crazayy. I was barely able to snap the side reins on before she exploded. Bucking, spooking, tossing her head, you name it. She was wired. We'll hold off on the riding for a little bit longer... I took my time cleaning stalls since they were filthy. Also, no better treatment for a hangover than splashing your horse's nasty water in your face while trying to empty it, right?

Today I am probably going to ride Jetta. We shall see. I'm hoping she got the craziness out yesterday and will be manageable today. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Blegh, midterms, glad you survived and you got your pony time in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like my week was crazy too and that all my weekends in Feb are booked- ugh it's getting in the way of horse time!!

    Hope you can get a ride in soon!!

    ReplyDelete