Wednesday, December 1, 2010

More Stallion Choices

So, as I posted earlier, someday I might like to breed Jetta. Since I am slightly obsessive and I like to plan everything, I've been mooning over stallions that I like trying to find the ideal one for Jetta. Since I like color (as shown on my previous post about Appaloosas and Knabstruppers) I also like paints. Here are a few of my favorites.

Raine Dance



Airborn


Counterclaim


Palladio


Pallido Blu CF, son of Palladio


Sempatico


Senter of Attention
These are all the viable options that I came up with. There are quite a few. All of the above, with the exception of Palladio and Raine Dance, are homozygous tobiano. Raine Dance and Airborn are my two favorites, but both with some drawbacks. Raine Dance has never competed as he got injured. I love his conformation and before when he was in training, you could see he had some great scope and a very pretty frame. He does have some great blood lines including Voltaire and Concorde, unfortunately he's not homozygous. He may also be up for sale? I'm a little confused cause I found a sale ad that says he is sound for hunters even though his website says otherwise (or doesn't say at all?). Anyways, Airborn I also love (including his bright bay color) and he has the awesome looks that I love as well as great bone and he is more substantial, just what I am looking for. His sire is also Concorde. But he is located in the UK, so I'm not sure yet how shipping semen works. Like I said, this is all just a possibility so I haven't done that much preparation or research.

Counterclaim is my next favorite. I love how substantial he is. I think he would make great hunter babies, though I haven't seen any pictures of him jumping yet.

 Next is Palladio, who although I love, is not homozygous for color, so I'd get about a 50% chance of getting a foal with color. I love how he jumps though, with his knees almost up to his eyeballs :) The other option would be his son who is homozygous, but as of yet does not have a show record. The advantage of that though is that his stud fee is cheaper.

Sempatico is the next choice. While he does have very correct conformation, there is just something about him that I don't like as well as the other horses. The other stallions just seem much more attractive to me. Anyways, he does seem to have great jumping form and also has passed both the 30 and 70-day stallion testings for German Warmbloods. His sire is Semper who is another great horse.

The last choice horse also has great conformation. I, again, haven't found any jumping pictures though he is supposed to be a hunter. This would be the "economical" choice as he has a very reasonable stud fee. Though this is the stallion whose website touts him as "The Rare Homozygous Tobiano Warmblood Stallion". He is only registered with the American Warmblood Society which is one of his downfalls. He is half Oldenburg, half questionable? The only info on the mare is a headshot labeled Sugar Magnolia. Anyways, the notables in his background include his sire, Senter Stage and his great grandsire, Rainbow. He's handsome and that's about it as far as I know :)

If the logistics worked out, I think I would choose Airborn above all of the others. There are some good conformation pics on his website, you'll see why I like him.

Raine Dance
Sempatico
Senter of Attention
Palladio & Pallido
Counterclaim
Airborn

No comments:

Post a Comment