Friday, July 29, 2011

Trail Competition

Sorry I haven't been writing regularly! I mean to, but it's just hard to motivate myself when there's not a whole lot going on and I have so much stuff to do! Balancing a part-time job, horses and two online summer classes, while doable, is still quite a bit on my plate.

Anyways, this is going to be a fun-filled weekend. (I'm not really sure if I'm trying to be sarcastic or not here!) Today and tomorrow is a trail competition out at JF's that I help with every year. I'm the photographer so today I spent the day snapping over 500 pictures and tonight I get to sit down and edit them. I love taking pictures at events. Tomorrow I'm going to take Jazz and compete in the morning and then take pictures for the rest of the day. It is unfortunately so. hot. out. I thought summer would never make it to our neck of the woods, but I sure feel it now!

I love hanging out at the trail competitions. I really enjoy meeting new people or seeing old friends and I think I knew almost every single person who rode today! Crazy. Tomorrow should be fun, I hope Jazz and I do well. While she has, at one point, done every obstacle on the course, it's been a while so I hope she does it. This is the second show in a three part series of trail competitions, the first one we got first place, but there's a little more competition at this one and a more difficult course.

Here's one of my favorite pictures of the day. This is one of the more difficult obstacles in the course, stepping off a huge log into a little pond. Some horses delicately step down into the water, but others, well, they do this:


This little girl sat the leap admirably well and it was really funny to see her little horse take such a huge flying leap!

Next week I'm going to bring out Jetta and school her on the course, so I'm really excited for that. Especially since we get to work cows!!! This is going to be so entertaining :]

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! It looks very exciting. Good luck with Jazz today, hopefully if she launches over that log someone else will get a good picture of you ;)

    ReplyDelete