Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bored

Ugh. It's still raining here. Out of the past six days, five of them have been rainy. It's terrible.

Fortunately (or rather, unfortunately) I am stuck inside anyways. One of the classes that I'm taking over the summer is French, and while I've stayed caught up on the book work, my written assignments have gotten sadly behind. Very behind. And I meet with my teacher tomorrow. Sigh... So the past two days I've been doing homework! All day, not even kidding. Not very much fun.

I really would like to ride Jetta, but I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to ride in the rain right now, so I'm hoping I hurry up and finish my homework by this evening and it stops raining long enough to ride. I could haul her to an arena, but again, zero desire. Not to mention that I have french verb conjugations coming out my ears right now! I have four assignments of conjugating two different verbs each, 10 different ways per verb. I've finished two and a half of those assignments and I just had to take a break! So I came to write this :)

I did get to take Jetta to JF's arena and ride with her a couple days ago. Jetta was very good, though I think partly due to the fact that the footing was so deep, Jetta wasn't physically able to motor around. Fine by me! JF complimented me on our work, which was super nice, she's seen Jetta from the beginning so she can tell how much we've improved!

Another interesting piece of news - I sold Katy! She's going to a great home with a younger girl that wants to do 4-H with her. I think that they'll make a great pair. The girl that's buying her (we'll go with her initials, TP) actually boards at the same barn that I board at while I'm at school so luckily I'll be able to see her often and I'm going to be giving lessons to TP. I really do enjoy boarding a little bit just because of the people you get to hang out with! I heard that the BO is finally putting in some turnout though the going is slow. Hopefully it'll be all set up by the time I come up!



It's amazing how much weight Jetta's gained just by being on pasture. The pasture has replaced her hay for now and she's getting the same amount of grain but before you could see the faint outline of her ribs and her spine, but they've all disappeared! I'd like to get her nice and fat (for her at least!) before I take her back and I'm planning on bagging her supplements all up so I know she's getting them and the BO won't have the hassle of measuring them all out. I'm possibly also going to get a NibbleNet so she'll hopefully have food in front of her for as much time as possible.

Well, back to my homework! Hopefully there'll be more interesting posts to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment