Friday, July 1, 2011

Halters

I ended up splurging and getting Jetta a fancy leather halter.

I got the Wellfleet Halter by Smartpak because it was on sale and came with a free engraved nameplate. I do so love Smartpak :) It is gorgeous of course, though it needs a little suppling. I just am thrilled at the look of the nameplate though - it makes me feel like Jetta and I are professionals! Of course photos won't load, so you'll have to do without.

Best Quality:
Smartpak Wellfleet Halter





















Great Deal:


Blenheim Oakridge Halter picture
Shires Oakridge Blenheim Halter



Most Fun:

Personalized Horse Products Color Padded Halter


I've been eyeing a leather halter for a while, just to get so when we go places, Jetta can look all fancy :) I did get a Weaver Leather Halter, and while it was very pretty, horse size was hard to squeeze Jetta or Jazz into and it gave me an excuse to get an even prettier halter with a name plate. And it will go great with my leather lead line by Perri's - softest ever! And one of the few without a stud chain.



Perri's Leather Lead With Snap
Perri's Leather Lead with Snap
 

Personally I love fancy stitching and padding on a halter, do you have a favorite?

4 comments:

  1. I ended up being gifted a Arc de Triomphe leather halter (also on SmartPak) and it has the softest padding ever. It crosses over underneath for "extra control" but those also unclip and it becomes a nice grooming halter. I ordered a nameplate later, and it makes my mare look legit! I LOVE leather halters. And those Perri's leads are wonderful because they don't have a danged stud chain! I like my old, grungy nylon lead though because it ties to trailers very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you need a halter, check out Danzig Bros. They make GORGEOUS halters and nameplates are included. I got my padded halter from them for $65.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Arc de Triomphe. I saw those and they looked interesting and I know that Arc de Triomphe is super nice quality. I'll have to try to upload pictures of Jetta's halter, it looks amazing! I did look at the Danzig Bros. halters but I don't think they had fancy stitching, which I'm really partial to, though I have heard from several people that they're great halters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll stick with Quillian's halters, twice as nice, and only 45. Repairs are cheap too.
    Pink Horse Halter

    ReplyDelete