|I rolled down my window this morning and the ice stayed behind.|
|So much snow! It almost goes over the tops of my boots.|
What I did to prepare:
- Fill the horse's water buckets all the way full so if the hoses froze it wouldn't be a few days until I needed to fill them again.
- Got my truck back from my dad/brother. It has four wheel drive and all weather tires.
What I should have done as well:
- Brought the horses' spare blankets from home in case I needed to switch out blankets for drier ones or layer.
- Make sure I had feed before the snow fell.
- Bring my sled and driving reins from home so I could make the horses pull me around :)
I am currently trapped at home. I worked yesterday morning and the drive home was slightly terrifying so I decided that there's NO WAY I was going to the barn and I'm slightly apprehensive to go today. I'm hoping the roads will be more melted and less icy so I can brave it by this afternoon. We shall see... Otherwise I have a friend who lives right down the road from the barn and I can ask her to clean stalls and check on the ponies for me.
My afternoon/evening yesterday:
Cleaning my tack with my Higher Standards Lavendar Vanilla cleaner. Love this cleaner!
|Clean tack. Sadly, this is not all of my bridles/breastplates...|
Also, being stuck inside is the perfect time for internet shopping... I lost my nameplate bracelet that I got as a present. So I need a new one! Of course, I want one with brown leather with silver hardware. (It will match my horsehair bracelet better) Which apparently doesn't exist. One of the girls I follow on instagram got a neat one from Equestrian Collections that the studs are crystals. So I went to take a look at it. And it comes with a silver nameplate! But, the buckle is brass. Clashing metals, I don't know if I can handle it... So I need thoughts.
Either this bracelet, with the silver nameplate and clashing buckle, but I can get it with Aquamarine crystals (my color!).
Or this bracelet in all silver. But it's an inch wide. And I have small wrists...
Also, I am considering getting pizza delivered (yes, they are actually still delivering!) so I don't have to leave the house and I can be lazy and not make any food.