- Misty had a potential buyer and her trainer come try her (two separate occasions). I thought Misty would be perfect for this lady - she was looking for a first horse to jump on (hunters). Adequate rider, but very nervous over fences. I thought Misty was perfect for the trainer, especially since I hadn't ridden her in two weeks and hadn't jumped her in a month. She was a tad lazy for the actual buyer, but for a nervous beginner I thought she was great.
- They decided not to buy Misty :( At this point, I'm ready to lease Misty, which wasn't something I originally wanted to do, but she's just not getting ridden and it sucks. So we'll see about that.
|This horse will never been 100% clean...|
- Jetta got her mane roached again which took several attempts because my clippers have decided they no longer want to work. Trying to decide whether it's worth getting them repaired or if I need to save for a new pair.
- In the meantime, I'm preparing mentally to bodyclip the girls. Excited! I love body clipping and I have a friend whose clippers I can borrow. Haven't really decided what I want to do... Be boring and do the same blanket clip on Jetta and strip clip on Misty? Or try something new and fun?
- Blankets have been broken out for both girls which is SO NICE for keeping them clean. I mean, Misty still figures out how to get filthy even underneath it, but it at least helps a little bit. All I need is to buy some neck covers and we're golden!
And that's about it! I'm really hoping to get myself in gear and start posting more often this month. I can't promise that the posts'll be interesting... but I need to get back in the habit!