Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pony Therapy

Well, finals are over for me. Unfortunately they did not go as planned. Today was not my favorite day - two finals, both cumulative with an enormous amount of info to cough up on the test. Barely slept last night because I was stressing, first test went ok, second test did not at all.

Found out the jumper derby thing we were going to on Sunday got cancelled. Me: Why does this always happen to me?!

Then got home and found that Smartpak delivered Grady's memorial plaque (not that it's bad that they delivered it, just depressing). Cue tears.

So to fix this, I ate a large amount of raw chocolate chip cookie dough, went and rode both horses, and tonight the plan involves copious amounts of Netflix and a good book to read before bed. Too much negativity in one day - I should be happier that it's spring break!

I ended up giving Jetta a bath and getting her nice and sparkling clean. If I patted her on her butt I got a huge cloud of dust, so I figured it was time for a bath. Not that it's going to last. I knotted her tail up so that if she gets turned out it hopefully won't get muddy and I'm planning on wrapping it like an Arabian's tail to keep it clean. We'll see how that goes.

My rides on Queenie are getting better and better.

We're still working on stopping and standing still nicely, but it's getting there. Cantering was slightly better today - she still bucks and gets scared, but we worked on going forward and not stopping when she gets scared and we had more like 4 or 5 strides instead of 1 or 2 at the canter. I have to say though, that I LOVE her personality, she is just such a sweetheart. And I have two people interested in her already! Hopefully a trail ride is in store for us soon...

Worried ponyface

Beautiful spring sunset

Carrot stretches!

Pretty girl posing





4 comments:

  1. It's this: http://www.smartpakequine.com/equine-memorial-granite-7900p.aspx?cm_vc=Search

    ReplyDelete
  2. *big hugs* at least its all over now. So move forward and don't dwell (cookie dough does sound good right now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great break! I feel your pain. My midterms were a few weeks ago and very miserable.

    ReplyDelete