Friday, July 20, 2012

Genius or Stupid?

I ran across this in a magazine and thought it was very interesting. At first I thought it was a stupid idea, after all, if you're a competent enough rider you shouldn't need stuff like this. But then I thought about how I've been riding in my dressage saddle so much that when I ride western, it feels just a bit odd to me. I'm used to riding 50/50 english and western.

Just the other day I was riding western and caught myself thinking that I wished my western saddle had knee pads and/or blocks like my dressage saddle.

While I'm not much of a fan of thigh blocks in dressage or western saddles, I think this is a great idea to expand upon. Maybe something that I would one day consider getting. But that's just a thought. What do you think?

Regular Oil 1850
Circle Y Western Dressage Saddle

No comments:

Post a Comment