Monday, July 16, 2012

Countdown!

I can't believe I leave tomorrow! I am off to Costa Rica for 5 weeks. I'm kind of worried about leaving the horses behind, but I know they're in good hands. This is the longest I've been out of the country, my longest being 3 weeks. Of course the thing I worry about the most is the horses. You should see my instructions for taking care of the horses :) I think ML may kill me when she sees it!

I'm also nervous about my trip. Don't get me wrong, I think this trip will be amazing. I guess the thing I'm most worried about is the first week I stay with a host family. I get to take Spanish lessons (definitely don't speak Spanish... I've taken 5 years of French so it's going to be interesting trying to keep the two languages separate) and experience the culture. I'm just worried that maybe my host family and I won't get along or that there will be too much of a language barrier. I'm sure it will be fine, but I can't help but worry!

I haven't ridden much since our lesson on Thursday, too bummed about missing out on all the "fun stuff" we had to cancel, busy with trip preparations and stressed about work. ML came out and we took Grady and Colton on a trail ride. It was a lot of fun, we basically complained about work the whole two hours, lol. Most of the time I love where I work, but then there's that small part of it that makes me hate my life. Colton was great on his first trail ride, though he definitely doesn't yet have the musculature or stamina quite yet and was exhausted by the end. Going downhill he'd just stop because it was so hard for him. But he was such a good baby. And I love riding Grady! He still has got it going on at 26 years old!

I *may* have some posts do auto-post so I won't be around to reply to comments, but feel free to comment anyway! I look forward to reading them when I get back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment