Friday, April 13, 2018

Rose Gold Obsession

I have always been a "silver person". I don't like gold. I hate brass fittings. I had a hard time with Jetta's show halter having a brass nameplate (yuk). I want silver everything. I've always thought that rose gold was pretty, but more of in a way like "that's a shame I only like silver" because it's a fairly nice color.

I follow an eventer on instagram that has the cutest eventing buckskin and a while back she posted a picture of her horse in a rose gold browband. It looked good. Really good. And you know... I have a buckskin now.

And thus the rose gold obsession began.

For whatever reason I have now decided that rose gold will be Maisie's color. Most of the horse's I've owned have had "a color". Grady was red, Jazz was blue, Patches was dark green, Katy was purple. But Jetta's never really had a color. She gets purple and aqua and navy and gray and plum, etc. So who knows why I've decided to revive my assignment of colors to a horse but I love the look of rose gold on a buckskin.

So far the only thing I've splurged on is a rose gold and grey halter by Eskadron. This was definitely a splurge - I've never spent this much on a halter ($60). Halters are made to be worn lots, get dirty, and occasionally broken so I've never wanted to spend much on them because it doesn't make sense. Eskadron's rose gold collection is from last year, so they're slowly selling out, so I bought the last rose gold and gray full sized halter that was available to be shipped to the US.

*swoon*


Here's what else is on my rose gold wish list:

The first thing I actually put on my wish list is this stunning Equiture rose gold browband. I LOVE it. When they first debuted it I was sad that I didn't need or want a rose gold browband. But now I do! I think it will look amazing on Maisie once she wears a bridle. I will definitely be purchasing this one next time they have a good sale!



Rose gold stirrup irons. This is kind of a silly want item. I have stirrup irons. I have no need of other stirrup irons, especially ones that cost over $90. But they're beautiful.



Maisie of course needs dressage boots. And what better boots then a pair of rose gold ones from HKM?



And a matching saddle pad of course. The only problem is that these things are spendy and while I have spent $$$ on pretty saddle pads before, it's still hard to stomach $80+ on one. Eskadron is going to be the death of me because they just released a navy/aqua floral line that I love and Jetta would look amazing in. I have a problem.

Option #1
Eskadron Heritage Basalt Grey Brilliant Set
Option #2

And this gorgeous Kask helmet with rose gold. I'm obsessed. This is a problem. I don't have enough money for all of these things...




 Please send help.

8 comments:

  1. Emma is pretty obsessed with Rose gold, I just can't get on the train my engagement ring is white gold because I am like you and don't like regular gold (though brass fittings just go well with brown). Mary's Tack down my way has a ton of rose gold stuff in recently, like spurs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brass and brown do look really good together, but I still have a hard time with it!

      Delete
  2. I bet you could find rose gold trim at a sewing store to put on a less expensive silver pad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I suck at sewing though :/ But I might end up trying!

      Delete
  3. I'm drooling over here. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I can totally get behind this! That halter is GORGEOUS, and now I want every single thing in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the halter is almost prettier in person! Worth it even though I kinda hated myself for spending so much on it lol

      Delete