Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Birthday Girl

I can't believe that one year ago (on the 27th officially) I got to welcome my sweet bouncing baby buckskin girl into the world! I had been wanting to breed FOREVER and still somewhat regret not breeding my amazing appendix QH mare years ago (I recently saw a 4 year old with almost the same cross - same stallion that I wanted at the time with the same breed of mare - and I swooned!)

I could not be happier with my little mini Jetta filly - she is the prettiest little thing with a great brain and I can't wait to see where the future takes us! Of course I had to give my baby a ridiculous birthday party. I made her a cake by putting water in her normal grain, dicing up a couple apples into it and then squishing it into the shape of a cake. I drizzled a tiny bit of molasses on it and then stuck some more apples on it. Maisie LOVES apples but hasn't quite figured out carrots yet so it was just apple-flavored this year and she thought the cake was delicious! (she can be really picky)

It was cute but also looked like a pile of dirt


<3



Marge the sheep is a party crasher

She didn't even care about the party hat!




Sparkles the goat was polite about sharing the cake


I have the most tolerant boyfriend!


Our new roommate even participated! (Hopefully she didn't judge me too much lol)


This girl is the best
Can't believe I already have a yearling on my hands!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday beautiful baby! Your party looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday big girl! I'm really impressed you got the hats on the sheep and goat. And they stayed on!

    ReplyDelete