Thursday, February 18, 2016

Blog Hop: The little things


Blog hop from the $900 Facebook Pony!


bloghoplogo

It's been pretty crazy with school right now so I haven't been riding much or blogging obviously. But a blog hop is a pretty good excuse!

What are the “little things” about your horse that you’re so fond of?

Cuddles. My all time favorite pony torture is giving my girls a face hug or kissing them on the nose. Both are very patient about it (Jetta gets a little impatient after a while, but I can always count on a minute or two of snuggles). Misty hates nose kisses, but I do it to her anyways and she doesn't hold it against me. Jetta will stick her nose through the stall bars and let me kiss her muzzle with no fuss.

Kisses go here


I love their easy-going personalities. Yes, Jetta can be difficult, but when I step back and look at it, she is not super complicated. She is easy to trailer, I can ride her out on the trails alone, she will stand tied at a horse show all day long, I can clip her all over. Misty is obviously the most easy going horse of all time. Ground tying? Done. Wash rack? No problem. Trailer loading? She loads herself. Trails? We can do some scary competitive trail stuff even!

Plus, adorable-ness


Curious. I love both of their curious natures. One of the first things I loved when I met Jetta was her curious nature as a baby. She licked my shoes when I first met her and I fell in love, lol. Introducing new things can be scary, but I love the pricked ears and tentative sniffs when I introduce something new. Extra adorable when it happens to be a yoga ball and they trot after it and nose it around.



And lastly, playful. Nothing brings a smile to my face more than seeing them run and buck and just generally be ridiculous when I turn them out to free lunge. Even on my bad days, just watching them prance around like idiots cheers me up.

I have no idea what is happening here

My prancy little unicorn - her horn is blinding ;)

2 comments:

  1. Cuddles are my fav. Nothing like having a horse that you can give a bear hug to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! This is a cute post -- I may have to join in!

    ReplyDelete