Friday, December 15, 2017

Back from the Dead

Wow, it's been such a long time! It has been absolutely insane with moving, finals, animals, etc. So I guess it's time for an update?

Jetta & Maisie - they are fuzzy and adorable and super messy and all they do is eat. But cute. I can't believe that it's less than 2 weeks until I wean baby! She'll be a little over 5 months old then, which is a little earlier than I'd like to wean her, but she's already so independent and eating lots of hay and grain by herself. I'm so ready to start riding Jetta again, I can't wait! She's looking rough right now - no topline, no tail (baby decided to make it even shorter) and very fuzzy.


Maisie got her mane braided, it's already so long!



Exciting things about having horses at home - buying stuff to keep water buckets from freezing!

Her little unicorn horn <3
School - what a term! This has been the toughest and also the best term thus far. I spayed a dog and a cat, neutered a dog, did pregnancy diagnoses on cows, sheep and horses, and most importantly, passed the most failed class of vet school, Large Animal Medicine I! It's crazy that they fail out students at the 3rd year point, 5 of my classmates didn't make it this term which is depressing. I hope you all appreciate your vets! Now I have a whole month off, which is amazing, but it's my last break ever since after spring term I start rotations and then it's into the real world!




Trask - poor guy has been pretty neglected. We've been toodling around and doing lots of lunging and he's doing really well with it. We've even been doing bridleless work! He's a natural at it and seems to really enjoy it. He's very responsive with a neck rope - once I decide to trust him and take his bridle off, I'll get a video of it! He gets to go back to his owner soon, in about a week which is going to be really sad!

He's looking so handsome and starting to get uphill finally!


He's getting better at water! He'll be a xc pony in no time

House - got my bf all moved out of his apartment and pretty much everything is unpacked. New roommate and her two horses got moved in. Our bedroom is finally all painted and it looks great, but geez. I never want to paint another ceiling again! Worst idea ever is to move and paint a bedroom during dead week of vet school. Never again.

Kitten - we adopted a kitten! His name is Apollo and he's the cutest little tiny orange fluffball full of energy. He's going to be our new mouser since our other cat is indoor only.

All adorable in his Christmas sweater

So Christmas-y



10 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe they fail that many students out 3rd year! We lost the most during 1st year. Congrats on passing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we lost a lot first year too. Luckily 3 people get to remediate this term, so hopefully they get to pass and continue on!

      Delete
  2. You get a dead week?! I want a dead week in vet school. We started taking finals the thursday and friday BEFORE finals week (while we still had regular lectures in the morning) lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dead week isn't real. We still have classes and sometimes tests that week. We just call it that for whatever reason. I wish it was a real dead week!

      Delete
  3. Love the big update on everyone! Congrats on passing the class and the term. Vet school is crazy and I so appreciate everyone who completes it. That takes some serious dedication. Wow. I can't believe how grown up your baby girl is getting already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe it either, I want her to stay cute and little forever!

      Delete
  4. Emi was weaned around 5 months and all was well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're just so cute together, it's going to be sad (more for me most likely!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I worked at a vet school and feel your pain. But congrats on learning so much and making it through tough classes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitten is so cute. Congrats on passing that super hard class, that is crazy they flunk people out that late in the program D:

    ReplyDelete