Tuesday, August 15, 2017

19 Days

I can't believe that Maisie is already 19 days old! She is very sassy and adorable. I'm a little bummed that she's not the most cuddly little baby, despite me handling her a ton when she was born. She likes to be scritched, you can run your hands almost everywhere on her body, but she doesn't really want to hang out and would much rather be tearing around the paddock instead.



I have several mom friends on Facebook who post updates every couple months on their babies, what they like, what they dislike, what they've learned so far, etc and I thought it was a cute idea.

2.5 weeks old:
  • Likes:
    • Butt scritches
    • Neck scritches
    • Running
    • Walking into mom's head when she's trying to eat
    • Mimicking mom eating and drinking (aka splashing in the water trough)
    • Nursing
    • Laying in the hot sun on the gravel instead of her nice, deeply bedded shady stall with fans 
  • Dislikes
    • Halters
    • Anyone touching her head
    • Being told no
    • Getting restrained
Zoooom

I love how their blazes match!
Laying outside in the rain

First time she's let me cuddle since she was born




First day in the pasture!


5 comments: