Monday, May 29, 2017

Baby Contest

I always think it's fun for foal contests, so here's my own! Jetta is now 63 days away from her "foaling date".

The baby is going to be buckskin, so we don't have to guess on color. Instead, let's have some guesses on markings, gender and foaling date!

Here's how it works. Comment your guess for the foal's markings and gender (for instance colt with a blaze and two hind socks) and/or pick the foaling date and time. I will pick a winner from each category (marking/gender and foaling date) and you can enter both if you want.

I honestly don't care whether the foal is a filly or colt, but I'm really hoping it's got a blaze and at least one sock!

For reference, Jetta has a blaze and one hind sock and a white spot on her other hind coronet. Mirabeau has a star and two hind socks. Jetta was bred August 26th, so if her pregnancy is exactly 342 days, then she is due August 1st.

For example, my guess:
August 4th at 3am. Colt, with one hind sock and a blaze. Basically what I'm hoping for: (pictures stolen shamelessly off google)




Also, any name ideas are welcome. I've already picked out it's registered name (Merely Gold = Mirabeau x Gold Jet Away), but I need a barn name that starts with "M". I was thinking Midas or Milo if it's a colt and maybe Mira if it's a filly, but I'm not sure. Ideas?

Guesses are due by the time of foaling (obviously) so you have lots of time to make your bet! I will pick two winners, each will win a $15 gift card to your tack shop of choice (Dover, Smartpak, or Riding Warehouse).

Let the games begin!

(and let's all just keep our fingers crossed for an easy foaling with a healthy foal!)

10 comments:

  1. August 2nd @ 5:30am colt with a star and snip with one hind and one front sock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. august 5, 2pm, filly with blaze and three socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. July 31st 2:29am. Colt. Small star, snip, left hind small sock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. August 3rd, 2am. Filly with a blaze and two hind socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. July 30th 1:15am, filly with blaze and two back socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. August 4th, colt. Star, stripe, snip, both hind socks, short ones. Call him Merlyn. Or Mirrlin if you like. Or Merlin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. July 31st. Filly. Star, two socks.

    ReplyDelete