Monday, September 1, 2014

Blog Hop: Riding Socks

Ok, I know there's other blog hops going on right now, but I thought I'd try my hand at one. Just one for the time being, I'm not going to try and do a "series" of them. I don't *think* this one has been done before, but I can't quite remember... So it's possible this might be a redo. It feels like it's a redo, but I can't find any proof of that lol. 

I found the motherload of all sock stores. I've been in this store a few times but somehow managed to completely miss their ginormous awesome sock collection. Never have a seen so many socks that I wanted. I ended up buying some Starry Night socks (my FAV Van Gogh painting) but I was eyeballing some corgi, multicolored zebra, and some I ♥ oregon socks.



So, my blog hop topic is: What riding socks do you use and which ones are your favorite?


My sock collection
 The socks I use (as pictured above, left to right): Kerrits socks that I got for competing at Inavale HT. Do not like. They're a neat material that doesn't hold moisture but they are so. tight. My poor calves get suffocated in these. Then I have three pairs that my mom got me. We don't have similar styles... I don't like the patterns except the watermelon stripe one is okay. Then a cute horse-y pair I got as a gift, my most favorite SmartWool socks that I'm wearing to death. Two pairs of Zocks. These are ok. I usually wear another pair of short socks over them for the padding since these are so thin. But they don't make my legs sweat so that's nice. Then the new socks!


Love 'em





8 comments:

  1. Once you go Sock it to Me, it's hard to go back. I sung their praises on EAH's wardrobe hop.. they're my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those corgi socks though! I added my My Strange Addiction Link so I wouldn't need to repost. <3 Socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the corgi socks, and I love the Van Gogh socks! SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you live near a store that sells sock it to me socks? Please tell me that store exists near me too?! I thought I could only order them online...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a small store, I think they're just local? They're called Many Hands. Quite the eclectic store. I had no idea Sock it to me sock were so popular!

      Delete
  5. Ok, so my old tall boots were SO stretched out I had to wear those super thick, fuzzy colored socks from Target...all.year.long. I finally broke down and purchased a new pair of tall boots for schooling (Tredstep, LOVE them) and no longer need crazy thick fuzzy socks, so I'm excited to buy some cute regular socks!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine just riding in fuzzy socks, especially in the summer!

      Delete
  6. There's a store that just sells socks around where I live! I am dying for a pair of Harry Potter socks!

    ReplyDelete